Apply For Funding
The Southern Risk Management Education Center, in conjunction with the other Extension Risk Management Education (ERME) regional centers, announce a new 2020 Underserved Producers RFAto deliver risk management education for producers underserved by Federal crop insurance. Awards will fund 18-month projects conducted June 1, 2020 – November 30, 2021. The application period runs through March 26, 2020.
The Southern Risk Management Education Center hosted a training for potential 2020 Underserved Producers RFAapplicants on March 10, 2020. A copy of the presentation slides from the training are available for you to review.
On the other hand, the 2020 ERME Request for Applications is now closed. Those that submitted applications will be notified no later than mid-February, 2020.
How to Apply
- Download and read the Southern Center’s 2020 Underserved Producers Request for Applications. Note that the new RFA proposals will serve producers underserved by Federal Crop Insurance
is a new funding opportunity. On the other hand, the 2020 Extension Risk Management Education (SRMEC) RFA is now closed. Those that
submitted applications to that program will be notified no later than mid-February
2020. Download and read the closed Southern Center’s 2020 Request for Applications.
- View the Proposal Resources which have been developed to help applicants prepare a successful proposal, and which
explain for every item requested in the application. Applicants are especially encouraged
to utilize the Tutorial.
- Registration Information: If you are a first-time applicant, use this link to access
the Extension Risk Management Education Results Verification System (RVS). Select “Register” and complete the form to create a new account. A registration confirmation
containing a link back into the system will be sent via email. (If you do not receive
the confirmation email, please check your spam folder.) To complete your registration,
you must return to the RVS utilizing the link enclosed in the email. Then, please
follow steps 4-6 below to begin a new application.
- If you have accessed the ERME Results Verification System during the past year, you
should already be registered. Login to the Extension Risk Management Education Results Verification System(RVS) using your email address and password, which will take you to the “My Projects” page.
To begin, select “Start New Application” (green button) and then “Southern ERME” under
“Active Funding Opportunities.”
- Select the appropriate grant category from the two options available, and again click
the green “Start New Application” button. Then follow the “Instructions” accessible
on each page of the application via the orange button.
- Whenever you wish to continue working on your application, return to the RVS and log in. Your active projects will be listed on the “My Projects” page. You may edit your application by clicking on the title or the pencil icon.
March 26, 2020: Deadline for 2020 ERME Underserved Producers RFA applications
- April 1, 2020: Project Period for Successful 2020 Extension Risk Management Education (SRMEC) RFA Applicants Begins
- June 1, 2020: Project Period for Successful 2020 ERME Underserved Producers RFA Applicants Begins